YouTube is a platform that's constantly growing and changing to attract an even larger user base. If you're thinking about starting a YouTube channel, you're definitely on the right track. You're about to leverage a platform that has billions of users, and it's only going to grow.
So let's talk about why you should share your content on YouTube and how to upload your awesome videos.
The advantages of uploading to YouTube
There are many reasons to start a YouTube channel. Here are a few obvious ones:
- Generate revenue: You can capitalize on YouTube ads, affiliate marketing, and other revenue opportunities to bring in income.
- Help others: Through your YouTube videos, you can help others solve problems, perform a DIY project, and educate them on a topic you're an expert in.
- Have a creative outlet: Perhaps you want to show your creativity through your YouTube videos. This is great because your day job may not allow you to show your creative side.
- Drive traffic: If you have a website or blog, you can use YouTube to drive more traffic to it.
How to upload to YouTube using YouTube's platform
There are multiple ways to upload to YouTube. You can upload your videos on the platform using your desktop or mobile phone. Here's how to upload from your computer:
- Go to YouTube.com on your web browser.
- Make sure you're logged in to your YouTube channel. If you aren't, click "Sign In", and enter your Google account information.
- Locate the Create a Video button -- which looks like a video camera - at the top of the screen, and click on it. From the dropdown menu, select "Upload video."
- Next, the video upload page should appear. Under "Select files to upload," click "Public" Then, you'll see a list of options that allow you to choose the level of visibility you want for the video. For example, "Unlisted" means it's still publicly available, but only to people with a direct link. "Private means only you have access, and "Scheduled" means your video won't go live until a later date of your choosing. Select "Public" if you want everyone to see your video.
- Either click the large arrow to choose your video file or drag the video file onto the page.
- Wait for the video to upload. In the meantime, you can enter the name and description of the video.
- Click "Publish."
Follow these steps to upload to YouTube using your phone:
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone or Android.
- Tap the Create a Video button - which looks like a video camera - at the top of the screen. Then, give the app permission to access your camera and photo library (if it's your first time using this feature).
- Next, a screen will appear that allows you to choose which video you want to upload.
- Tap "Next."
- Enter the name of the video, choose a privacy level, and tap "Upload."
How to upload to YouTube from Pinnacle Studio
After editing your video in Pinnacle Studio, you can upload it to YouTube straight from the platform. Here's how:
- Click the Export tab at the top of the screen.
- Under the Export Settings, click File, and select Web from the dropdown menu.
- From there, select a sharing option. You can choose from Vimeo and YouTube. In this case, select YouTube.'
- Adjust the audio and video encoding options to your liking.
- Click Start Export to upload your video.
YouTube is a great platform for content creators. After learning the basics, using the platform becomes easier and easier. At Pinnacle Studio, we offer easy-to-use features that allow anyone to share their videos with the world.