One of the most effective ways to build brand awareness and increase sales for any business is to engage in video advertising. Unlike print ads and other more outdated types of advertising, video is among the most engaging types of media that audiences love to consume, particularly online. Through video advertising, you can establish a great relationship with audiences, but the key is knowing how to make an advertisement video.
In this blog post, we'll review what exactly qualifies as a video advertisement, whether they're truly effective, and how you can make one for your business.
What is a video advertisement?
A video advertisement, put simply, is any type of advertisement that uses video to communicate with audiences. These can include online video advertising through YouTube or other over-the-top (OTT) streaming services such as Hulu and Peacock. Video ads can also play on webpages as people browse a website. Businesses could even repurpose online video advertising for TV commercials.
Are video advertisements effective?
When well-produced and successfully launched, video advertisements can be extremely effective in appealing to audiences. Online video advertising can grab and hold people's attention as you either introduce your brand or promote your offerings to them. In the process, people can come to recognize and trust a brand, and, with enough frequency, video advertising can keep a business top-of-mind among audiences. This will ultimately lead people to convert into leads and customers.
However, to get the most from video advertising, it's important to know how to produce video advertisements. Otherwise, a low-quality video ad can negatively impact a brand as it reflects the brand's quality.
How to make an advertisement video
When producing a video advertisement, there are some steps you should take to make the process go smoothly and leave you with a high-quality production. These steps include:
- Determine the specific goal of your ad. For instance, do you want to increase awareness around your brand with an introductory video, or do you want to increase sales? Depending on your business, you may also want to drive either website or in-store traffic.
- Find out what competitors are doing to appeal to the same audience you wish to target. You can also learn about what your audience wants to see from ads, including messaging, tone, and offers.
- Write a script to help you time your commercial. Your ad should typically be no longer than 30 to 60 seconds, which is just enough time to engage viewers and make a good first impression on them.
- Rent professional video equipment, which is far cheaper than purchasing it. If you can produce a high-quality video, this will go a long way in convincing viewers that your brand is worth their time.
- Use reliable video editing software to craft the perfect commercial from your raw footage. Try to find software that offers all of the features you need, including the ability to trim, crop, and add various effects and audio to your ads. A good editor will be the key to producing a top-notch production in the end.
Video advertising can be very beneficial to businesses, but it's important to understand what the production process entails. From pre- to post-production, you will need all of the tools required to produce a high-quality advertisement. With a strong video advertisement or an entire campaign of multiple advertisements, you'll be able to stand apart from competitors and appeal to your target audience.
One of the most important tools to have when producing a commercial is feature-rich and intuitive video editing software. If you would like to Learn more about how Pinnacle Studio can help complete your next video advertisement project, connect with us today.