If you've created a video and are excited to share it with the world or even just a few people, you might be wondering how to upload to Vimeo, among other platforms. Here we'll review how you can upload a video to Vimeo using a couple of different methods.
What is Vimeo?
Vimeo is a type of online streaming platform that's similar to others such as YouTube. Users can upload and share private or public videos with others, and people can find public videos using search engines or while on the Vimeo website. However, Vimeo has more restrictions around the types of videos that users can upload and share. One requirement is that users are unable to upload video or audio unless they own them. Additionally, there are certain upload limits in place that prevent users from uploading more than a specific number of videos per week.
If you believe that Vimeo is the right platform for your video and want to find out how to upload it to this platform, we'll review the steps for doing so.
How to upload a video to Vimeo on their platform
One way to upload a video to Vimeo is to do it directly on the platform. Once you've created your video, you can visit the Vimeo website and follow these steps:
- On the main page of the Vimeo website, select the "New Video" tab located in the top-right corner.
- In the drop-down list that appears, click "Upload."
- Select your privacy preferences and then use the file locator to select your video from either a computer or cloud service.
- After selecting your video and beginning the upload process, you can modify the title, description, and other details about your video. Once you've made these changes, click "Save."
- Let the video finish uploading and processing, at which point you can select the thumbnail image to watch it. You will also be able to share it on various platforms.
How to upload from Pinnacle Studio
Arguably the best way to upload to Vimeo is right from your editing software. Using Pinnacle Studio, you can easily upload a video straight to Vimeo as soon as you've completed the editing process. In fact, you can upload your video to multiple platforms depending on where you want people to view it.
To upload your video to Vimeo using Pinnacle Studio, take the following steps:
- Install Pinnacle Studio and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Once you've edited your video, you can select the "Export" tab to open up the "Exporter."
- From the "Exporter," select "Web" under "Export Settings > File" in the drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, you have the option to share your video on Vimeo, along with Box, Facebook, and YouTube. The default "Preset" here will be "Publish."
- Make changes to "Video" and "Audio" encoding options based on your preferences.
- Upload your video by selecting "Start Export" to begin the process. You will need to log into the provider's site. Once the upload is complete, you can view your video on a web browser or stay in Pinnacle Studio. Keep in mind that your video could take some time to process before it becomes viewable, so practice patience when uploading to Vimeo and other streaming platforms.
Taking all of these steps can help you get your video on Vimeo in no time once created. If you want to save more time uploading after completing your video projects, Pinnacle Studio is one of the best tools to use for video editing and uploading. This platform features many editing tools to help you complete your video. For more information about Pinnacle Studio and the benefits of using this software to put together your Vimeo videos, contact us today.